Sunday after meetings, we went out to Dads grave which is at "Hills of Rest" Cemetery in Sioux Falls. It was a beautiful place, all decorated for Memorial Day.
We loaded the truck on Monday morning. Keith and Kathy had all the packing done, so all we had to do was load the truck.
Then we took a little time to go visit Moms two sisters in Sioux Falls, Florence and Evelyn. I'll put an album on our photosite of some more pictures. Moms sister Cora had been up to say goodby earlier.
We took a drive to visit the cemetery's in the country, as well as some of the places we lived and went to school.
This monument is in the Lennox cemetery near Dads parents graves. The farm we call the Lennox place is only about 1/2 mile from this cemetery.
The next morning we headed south to Omaha, and then west to Kearney, where Connie lives and had a nice little reunion. We also took in some local Oregon trail historical site, including the big Arch over the interstate.
We had trouble with Johnny, who darted off the trail and got stepped on by this big bison. It was all I could do to pull him out of there!! The oldest one is supposed to be a good example, if I remember right!
I think Seth was pretty embarrased by his Uncles!
Then Judy had to get a cup at the coffe shop in the arch. She complimented the waitress on her glasses and said she had some like that, too. The waitress didn't say much, had kind of a waxey complexion. I hope she was ok!
Seth got the best of John on the basketball court. This was just before he collapsed.
From then on, the next day started a no-nonsense drive home. Judy and I split off the caravan in Douglas Wy and headed back up to Gillette to pick up our car, which ran fine on the way home. We tied back up with the caravan in Sheridan that night, where we stayed in a motel. We finished our trip home the next day. So alls well that ends well. Lots of good memories.
2 comments:
Thanks for the run down on the trip! And for the laughs! I'm not sure about that Uncle John! (Big Smile)
Wow! Great to hear about the trip! Wish we could have come along. Looks like you really packed a lot in and had a nice time.
Post a Comment