Sunday, August 10, 2008

THE PALOUSE HILLS NEAR HARVEST

THIS IS JOHN AND KARRIES PLACE NESTLED IN A NARROW DRAW, SURROUNDED BY WHEAT FIELDS, NEAR ST. JOHN, WA.



THEIR NEIGHBOR WHO FARMS THE LAND MOVED HIS COMBINE IN TO START HARVESTING TOMMORRO...SO




IT SEEMED LIKE A PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO PRETEND LIKE WE WERE FARMERS!


THIS JD 9750 IS ALL WHEEL DRIVE PACKING A 30' HEADER. IT IS A SIDEHILL HARVESTOR, MEANING IT LEVELS ITSELF ON THE CHASIS, TO KEEP EVERYTHING WORKING RIGHT. I DIDN'T GET TO SEE IT WORKING, BUT HOPEFULLY KARRIE WILL GET A SHOT OF IT WORKING ON ONE OF THOSE HILLSIDES!


Above, sidehilling above the farm...

Below, from the combine, heading across the hill...

Above, Looking at john and Karries house from high above, in the combine cab..




ABOVE IS A SHOT FROM A HIGH SPOT ABOVE THEIR HOUSE, LOOKING TOWARD STEPTOE BUTTE, SEVERAL MILES TO THE EAST.





A GOOD CROP OF WHEAT IN THE HEADLIGHTS... ON THE WAY BACK






I THINK SARAH WAS SAYING "DADDY, I WANT MY OWN 4-WHEELER!





STEPTOE BUTTE BETWEEN US.










3 comments:

Melinda said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a nice 4-wheeler ride with John and Sarah. Hope we get to see them all sometime soon. Thanks for sharing the "Summer Visitors" photos and the mountain pictures as well.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see your updates. Amazing how quickly families grow! Hard to believe John is a daddy 2x already!

Keep posting :-) Enjoyable music...

Thanks
MaryAnn

Benjamin Ranch said...

Hi Steve and Judy, I think taking great photos must run in the family! I've always enjoyed Alison's blog, now its fun to visit yours. We are still busy harvesting. Glad you enjoyed visiting our blog. Roger and Linda